Johannesburg Hotel Accommodation
Exclusive Johannesburg Hotel Accommodation for Selective Guests
Johannesburg offers a multitude of accommodation options. They’re all there and very well represented in numbers, but they’re not all equal, by any means or measure. Visitors requiring accommodation may choose between B&Bs, guest houses, short-, medium- or long-term apartment rentals, boarding house type rooms, lodges, hotels and boutique hotels – virtually every type of lodging and accommodation one can mention.
Some options are fine for guests who only want the basics for a night’s rest, while others offer so much that one is sorely tempted to extend one’s visit. Your choice depends on the standard of accommodation you desire and the facilities and level of service that meet your personal preference.
Then again, there are world-class, frankly luxurious establishments, hotels like Thaba Eco Hotel, situated amongst the undulating hills and dales of Klipriviersberg Nature Reserve, immediately to the south of the City of Johannesburg, easily accessible from the modern motorways that surround the City of Gold.
At Thaba Eco Hotel, we cannot promise you any actual gold, although you’re only a stone’s throw away from Gold Reef City, a quaint recreation of erstwhile Johannesburg, when it was a mere mining settlement during the time of the great Gold Rush era.
Gold Reef City and its theme park is a popular entertainment venue for everyone from local families to overseas visitors, while the casino of the same name is located just across the road from the theme park. It’s only one of a host of worthwhile attractions and places of interest in and around Johannesburg and Thaba Eco Hotel.
- One would be remiss if one omitted to make mention of Johannesburg’s moderate climate and kind weather conditions. Summers are hot and for the most part, winters are mild, chilly or frosty at night, but still overall, mild.
- The Johannesburg and Soweto tours include the Apartheid Museum, the Nelson Mandela Museum, the Desmond Tutu House, tours in a Red Top Bus and a trip to relive the footsteps of Mandela.
- Visits to world-class art galleries, theatres, restaurants, entertainment venues and shopping malls.
- The Cradle of Mankind and its fascinating Origins Centre.
- Various nature and wildlife experiences include tours of the Lion and Rhino Park, a cheetah reserve, zoos in Johannesburg and Pretoria, an elephant sanctuary, Sun City, and the nearby Pilansberg Game Reserve and the Montecasino Bird Park, where you can attend a breathtaking display of wild bird characteristics.
- At Thaba Eco Hotel, we offer our own on-site, immensely comprehensive eco activities – guided nature walks and/or hikes, a birding walk and a sunset/sunrise eco drive with which to start or conclude the daylight hours.
Because a great deal of thought, environmental assessment and careful design went into the establishment of Thaba Eco Hotel and all our facilities, we’re in a unique position. We’re able to implement and practice the latest “green” policies and practices in our luxurious guest accommodation suites and throughout our entire operation, without compromising on the standards of luxury our guests expect and enjoy.
Our accommodation options consist of 4 room types. Each is opulent, whilst the level of luxury is enhanced further as one moves up the list of choices. We’re particularly well known as one of Johannesburg’s premier hotels, for our selection of fine dining restaurants and exclusive accommodation in a truly unique, tranquil and natural Highveld environment.