Bushveld Setting Function Venue Johannesburg
Premier Johannesburg Function Venue in a Bushveld Setting
Who could possibly imagine that a function venue in Johannesburg could be located in a natural Bushveld setting? Contrary to the perception of many a doubter, such an establishment does exist. Moreover, it is run on sound eco principles, without a hint of compromise on the level of upmarket luxury that it offers its guests. Just where is this gem? As mentioned, it is not far away if you live in and around Johannesburg. Thaba Eco Hotel is situated in pristine natural Bushveld surroundings in the Klipriviersberg Nature Reserve in southern Johannesburg, where every care has been taken to preserve the indigenous Bushveld fauna and flora.
- Weddings – there is a pretty church and several venues, suitable for weddings of various sizes.
- Conferences of any size.
- Business meetings.
- Bachelor or bachelorette parties.
- Special occasion celebrations or parties, such as birthdays, anniversaries and award presentations.
- Year-end functions.
- Romantic dinners – our beautiful Bushveld setting, unique atmosphere, outstanding service and excellent cuisine have been instrumental in establishing our reputation as one of Johannesburg’s most romantic hotels and dinner venues.
- Family gatherings – precious occasions spent with a group of loved ones, made even more special by our Bushveld surroundings, so close to Johannesburg yet with the ambience of Africa.
- Baby showers and christenings.
- Almost any function of your own creation.
We also offer fine accommodation for function guests who choose to stay over after attending their event at one of our venues.
Accommodation to Compliment our Setting
First, we must mention our luxury Bushveld suites, of which there are 36. As is the case throughout our hotel, they feature an eco-conscious design. The Bushveld suites are built on stilts, providing two major benefits: guests have incredible views across the Bushveld landscape, and the environmental impact of the structures is minimal, because a major portion of each suite is set above ground level, leaving the ecosystem below unencumbered.
Twelve luxuriously furnished standard rooms are designed to evoke true African elements – bush huts, ancient kraals and traditional homesteads. These open-plan units have private patios overlooking our Bushveld landscape. Two deluxe rooms and two VIP suites likewise reflect Africa and the Bushveld.
Once you contact us, we will assist you to select the perfect venue for your particular function, its theme and the number of invited guests; the available venues are:
- Lobola Banquet Hall – a blend of natural stone and Rhodesian teak, a great venue for large, upmarket functions, such as weddings, conferences, product launches and gala dinners.
- Tswana Hall – a delicate marriage of pale stone, white Tiffany chairs and neutral shades of Africa; caters for smaller numbers of people attending similar functions to those already mentioned.
- The Glass Marquee – enclosed all around with glass, seamlessly bringing our lush garden landscape and the indigenous bushveld setting into the venue space.
- Three Conference Kraal rooms – for varying delegate numbers.
- Kraal Kombuis Restaurant – combines pale stone walls, beautifully displaying the gleaming dark wood-beamed ceiling and tastefully furnished.
- Olive Tree Coffee Shop – light, airy, and great for informal get-togethers for smaller guest numbers.
- Fire Kraal Sports Bar – informal yet tasteful.
Whatever your preference and the number of function guests, you will be delighted with whichever venue you select, since all are situated in a natural Bushveld setting.